So this is it! I've finally done it. Changed coasts. Whoo. This is a blog of my adventures as a Jersey Girl in the PNW in addition to an official log of sunny versus rainy days.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Yet another thing that living in Seattle makes you want.... a dog. Seriously, everybody here has one. And the people here take their pet care extremely zealously. In the summer months, when everybody is outside, it would seem like a nice thing to have a dog. And since i work at home, i am totally tempted. But i can't have one. I live in an apartment building that does not permit them. Probably best. I'm too distracted by sunsets like these to stay focused on taking care of another being...
Another thing about having a dog, and I have a dog, and I love my dog... but you can't just go away and leave it alone. You have to worry about where to leave the dog - who will feed it, walk it, love it while you are gone? And if you go away for a week, is that too long to put him in a cage at a kennel? I love dogs, but they are for people who have lots of friends with dogs, or for people who never go anywhere. If you want a low maintenance pet, I say get a cat.
2 comments:
Another thing about having a dog, and I have a dog, and I love my dog... but you can't just go away and leave it alone. You have to worry about where to leave the dog - who will feed it, walk it, love it while you are gone? And if you go away for a week, is that too long to put him in a cage at a kennel? I love dogs, but they are for people who have lots of friends with dogs, or for people who never go anywhere. If you want a low maintenance pet, I say get a cat.
Wow is all I can say about the photos. We will have to find some suitable place to frame and display them.
MOM
Post a Comment