Yesterday, I was a tourist in my own home. It is the weirdest feeling, living in a totally new place. I've never done that before. Everything I do, is totally new and an adventure. Whether it is taking a ferry ride or figuring out the closest place I can buy a toilet plunger. When I took my bike for a ride, I started off in a sculpture garden on the Sound, and about 30 mins later after following my nose, wound up at a set of Locks that I had no idea existed. Then I found myself riding amongst a sea of purple people coming out of a Husky's game. Next, Lake Washington was on my right. Then I'm riding over a bridge. It has been a really long time since I've really explored a new place. It feels nice.
So back to yesterday...I walked through Pike's Market, which is very cool, though often completely overrun by tourists. I saw the guys who throw fish and ate some pretty incredible fro yo. Then I took a ferry to Bainbridge Island. Not much to do there, but the views of Mt. Rainer are pretty nifty. I timed my return to see the sunset on the ferry, but taking pictures on the windiest ride i think i've ever been on, turned out to be a futile idea (note to self, buy tripod). So instead, I was reminded of the last time i took a sunset ferry ride - in Hong Kong, when I had a very nice chat with a very handsome English biker- and struck up a conversation with a guy who was riding the ferry solo with very cute puppy who liked me very much.
Turns out he just moved here himself last week. From Michigan. We talked about our experiences so far, where he lives in Seattle, football, hockey (he used to play)... and then he said those dreaded two words. "My fiancee."
That is not exactly how I invisioned my first Seattle sunset cruise ending. Oh well. At least I tried. NEXT.
No comments:
Post a Comment