Sunday, September 09, 2007

I think it is official. I've died and gone to road biker Heaven. About 13 years ago, my family took a trip to Holland, during which I posed, a now infamous question to a local, "where do you ride bicycles?" The answer to that question (in Holland), in retrospect may have been obvious, but coming from the NYC area, where there are places (such as the highways and sidewalks) where you cannot ride a bike, i thought this question was quite prudent at the time.

In Seattle, you can indeed ride your bike EVERYWHERE. On the sidewalks. On some highways (well not exactly, there is a median between you and the cars, but still, pretty close). On bridges. Not only are there bike lanes, but there are paved trails MILES upon MILES long, where you can ride without any auto traffic. It is truly awesome. I live within the city and from my door, I can go for a real, safe, 40 scenic bike ride.

I saw another guy wearing a kilt yesterday. he had tattoos all over his legs. but they were shaved. Good call, man.

Still no rain.

No comments: