Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ok, for those of you who are keeping count...so far, 6 sunny days, no rainy days. and for the record, i'm only going to count a day as being "rainy" if the sun does not come out for at least 4 hours and if it actually RAINS. I think that is fair.

More things that I'm learning during my first week in Seattle, in no particular order:

1. The guys definitely out number the girls here. by at least 3 to 1. I just had dinner with two ski camp connections (guys) who were very quick to point this out. Walking past a bar with outdoor seating, one says to me, "so you see over there? one girl, two guys. another table... again, one girl, two guys." and i say, "and I'M with two guys!!" "boy, she catches on quick...you are going to do very very well here." EXCELLENT.

2. My leather pants will probably never come out in Seattle, because, when you wear leather pants, particularly black ones, that puts you into the Goth/Punk group. I'm actually scared of that group, so i may have to just leave those party pants in VT.

3. For ever Starbucks, (and trust me, there are *just* as many as you think there would be in Seattle), there is at least one sushi restaurant. I'm definitely living in the right city.

4. Taking a cab home is super fun and not expensive. I've never taken a cab home from anywhere. That was a moment for me.

5. You can get a ticket jaywalking in Seattle. No, i didn't personally get one, but i was warned of this quite sternly by my dinner companions this evening while waiting to cross a street that could not have been more than a car length and a half wide. I didn't believe them until i saw that everybody else was patiently waiting to cross that narrow street because two cops on bikes were standing next to the intersection. Good thing to know, because i've been jaywalking since i got here. I feel like such the rebel.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

OK, as silly as I find the jaywalking business, and as crazy as the guy / girl ratio is, all I came away thinking was... "you have leather pants?"

LARISSA said...

Yes, yes, I have leather pants. They are black, hot and the best wingman I could ever have. I've gotten more numbers and drinks wearing these than _any_thing else I own. Trust me, boys *love* chicks in leather.