Saturday, September 08, 2007

Last night was my first friday night as a Seattle resident and a friend invited me to the theater. The space was in Capitol Hill, which she calls the "new hip, young, exiting area of Seattle." Well, I'm hip, young and exciting. Count me in.

My evening of theater included the following:

1. I saw a guy in a "utilikilt." Yes Mom, that news piece you sent me is totally on target. There are indeed, YOUNG men dressed in kilts in Seattle. And clearly it is considered "hip and exciting." Honestly, he looked really nice.

2. A man played Queen's, "Under Pressure" on a ukelele. Complete with the snaps at the end. I never saw something so funny in my life. It was brilliant and very impressive indeed.

3. A girl, wearing a tutu of sorts, as if it were a pancho, rollerbladed herself into the wall of the theater. On purpose. Again, nearly peed in my pants.

4. During intermission, the audience was instructed to make hats of tinfoil in honor of the show's 10th anniversary. Apparently "tin" or "aluminium" is the metal associated with 10th anniversaries. Idid not know that. I made a tiara. A guy next to me made himself into a pirate, complete with covering one eyeglass lens with foil to make an eye patch.

5. I found myself wondering if such an evening would be ever happen in NYC.

Needless to say, the evening was extremely entertaining and it will not be hard to convince me to go again.

1 comment:

Lida said...

I am so glad you got to see a utilikilt on a "real" man. Check out all the stores that sell them, so that when we arrive I can check them out. You never know when one of the Wilsons might want one.
MOM