So I've made it. Day one as a Seattle resident was sunny, cool (my family would call it "Lake Placid weather") and extremely long. Things i've learned in my first day on the west coast:
1. There is indeed, a weight limit for baggage getting on an aircraft. This, quite honestly, was news to me. I always knew that if you had "heavy" bags, you got charged more, but I had no idea that it was possible to have bags that were too heavy to get on the plane at all. I had two such bags. (Josh Marr, you are a ROCKSTAR for handling a suitcase over 100pds!)
2. Blondes can figure out how to lower the seats of a Durango, parallel park a Durango, as well as construct a memory foam mattress (easier said than done with only one person). For all other things that a blond might have trouble handling on her own, they are best handled by simply throwing money at them.
3. Hearing seagulls from your living room is cool. So is saving a baby one from certain starvation from the rooftop deck of your building. Seeing sunsets over the Puget Sound from your deck is pretty nifty too.
4. Being able to "stop run" an elevator while moving into an apartment building is SO key.
5. 9% sales tax on everything is kill joy.
6. When you are grocery shopping and you nearly break yourself up by slipping on sugar... repeatedly... chances are, you have a bag of sugar in your cart that is leaking.
3 comments:
It sounds like there's a whole lot going on out there. I hope the settling in happens quickly and smoothly. Also, I can't tell you how many times I've experienced the slipping thing at the store, but with laundry soap instead of sugar.
"Seattle Sabbatical" makes me feel much better. Blond or no blond, you know what is heavy and what is not. I can't believe you let someone carry 100 pounds!!
I will be a faithful reader.
I loved the left right reference. We all miss you,
MOM
Have a good one in Seattle.
Being blond has it advantages, they don't expect you to be smart as well. Seaguls are still fun now, wait a month and then write again about them.
Post a Comment