Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Things that living in Seattle makes you want to have:
  1. A Bike. Check. Even if you didn't bike for exercise, you'd want one just to be like everybody else.
  2. A Camera. Check, check. You've seen my photos so far. I keep taking pics of the pretty weather so that they'll hold me over when the season changes.
  3. Skis. Check to the third. I can SEE the snow. From my apartment. IN THE SUMMER.
  4. A Coffee. I seriously wished that i drank this stuff. I feel like a loser for always ordering a skim hot chocolate when i'm asked to go for a coffee. To make me feel like i fit in a little more, i skip the whipped cream.
  5. A Boat. I'm not a water person, but living here will turn you into one. Taking sailing lessons next summer is looking more and more like a fun idea.
  6. A tattoo. Don't worry, i'm not getting one of these. EVER. But it looks like most people around here are either tattooed, pierced in the craziest places or both. And not just like one tattoo... sometimes i think somebody's got sleeves on, but then i realize they don't.
  7. A Kilt. What is funny about this is, girls don't wear them here. Only very tattooed, pierced, dreadlocked men....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you can always go for a decaf coffee. And, just you wait! I heard they've come up with a temporary tattoo ink that can be removed whenever you want(still need to go to the doc, but not painful to remove,and comes off completely, for only a fraction of the cost!)

You know you want a tattoo of a snowflake!! Or maybe Spike's face??

Lida said...

Meredith, please don't give her ideas.
No tattoos, pleaseeeeeee.
MOM

Kathleen said...

You can do rub on tattoos. They wash off with soap and a lot of rubbing. But if you have to choose, go with the sailing lessons.