Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I really enjoyed sharing my South East Asia trip with you!  And now back to our regularly scheduled program of Pacific Northwest-centric posts.

The day after Halloween, I went to an event that marked the beginning of the Oyster season.   This restaurant likes to call it the "Oyster New Year."  It was quite the bash.

I really had no idea what to expect except that there would be a LOT of oysters.  I certainly didn't expect my oyster eating partner for the evening to show up in his Halloween costume.  Needless to say, he was the ONLY person in costume and was as a result, very popular.  I mean, look at his pants, ladies.



But I digress.  The event took place under a huge tent, roughly half the size of a football field.  The raw oyster bar, the main event, snaked throughout the center of the tent, so I'm gonna guess it was almost 100 yards long.  Your ticket included UNLIMITED raw oysters, wine tastings, beer tastings, chowder, cooked seafood and dessert.  It was overwhelming to say the least.  I think I topped out at about 15 oysters, including the one I caught at the bottom of the famous "oyster luge."  Are there photos of me doing this?  Yes, one.  A polaroid.  Thank goodness not shareable here.  But here is a picture of the luge.

 



No comments: