Sunday, December 09, 2007

Yesterday I embarked on an adventure. I had heard that there was a river about 2 hours from the city where I could see bald eagles feeding on salmon in December/January. When I woke up to brilliant clear skies for the first time in over a week, I grabbed my camera and GPS and took off.

I knew the road i was aiming for, but didn't really know what to expect, or really what i would see. I just wanted to find me some eagles to watch. The drive turned out to be stunning. Occasionally, I'd see an eagle flying above me as I drove along the river. I decided to follow one, and wound up here:



And farther down the road....



Then I saw some snow capped mountains in the distance and tried to get as close to those as possible. I've never seen those purple mountains mentioned in "america the beautiful" until yesterday:

1 comment:

Jim Sabo said...

No pictures of fishies participating in the circle of life?