Since I've been hitting the gym with increasing regularity, I have been wondering when exactly did jumping rope become an exhausting activity?? Growing up, I have found memories of skipping around my parents' driveway while singing some silly "miss mary mack" tune.. and doing this for what seemed like forever. Now, if Stephen, the master of pain, asks me to jump rope for two minutes straight, I'm not only completely spent, but I can't even get more thant 10 jumps together without stepping on the rope or something else equally klutzy. So when, exactly, did I lose this ability??
Tonight I went to a ski conditioning class... and you know you are in ski territory when a class like that is totally packed. I rarely go to the gym in the evening because I often have social plans, but I'm beginning to think I might have to change that up once a week. The beautiful people clearly come out after work.
But back to skiing... still haven't gone yet, but hope to this weekend if the snow hasn't been rained away. This weekend it even snowed in the city - and quite a bit, but now it is 60 degrees and pelting with rain. Such a tease.
No comments:
Post a Comment