Friday, December 07, 2007

They say that you learn something new every day. Yesterday, I learned enough for almost a whole week:

1. Nothing good can come from walking under a ladder. I am not a superstitious person generally, so when I saw the ladder leaning across the sidewalk in front of me, I naturally walked under it, which resulted in me immediately smacking my right leg right into a metal pipe sticking outside a building. Lesson learned.

2. Stephen the Master of Pain is not invincible. Apparently he had worked his legs out the day before yesterday and he was walking around like an old man. He couldn't even hand me my weights, which he normally does. When we walked up the hill together after our session, to allow him to keep up with me, I had to practically crawl and he still had to beg me to slow down. I hate to admit it, but I did derive some satisfaction from this.

3. If I ever have a son and he gets a tattoo that covers his entire chest, I'll kill him. Even if that tattoo is of a beautiful angel.

4. In Seattle, I have reached "siren" status. Yesterday, while walking in my 'hood, I nearly caused a traffic accident. Not because I darted in front of cars... no... because a guy in a pickup truck INSISTED on stopping for me even though he had the greenlight on a major street in rush hour. I know you are dying to know what I was wearing when I literally stopped traffic... in Seattle.... so here we go:
Gap Jean Skirt (length: to the knee, at least 2 sizes too big)
White Puffy Jacket (bought at Costco)
Black Knee High Nine West Boots (to cover the purple egg on my right leg)

Now granted, I was listening to Honky Tonk Woman by the Stones, so maybe there was a subconscious saunter, but seriously folks... I know that if I had worn that outfit in NYC, I'm pretty sure the fashion police would have run me over.

No comments: