Aaaaand we're back.
Everyone asked me what I miss, if anything, about the North East. I don't think I really knew what it was until I went back:
1. Bagels. And not just because my company very kindly and generously provides free bagels every friday (and free, as I always like to say, is good). Out here, big, doughy bagels are very hard to come by. You know the kind, ones that are so enormous, they could feed a family of four, but if you really wanted to, you could squish them into a ball that fits into a single fist? Yeah, we don't have those here.
2. Radio. Yes, they do have radio stations here, but not the kind I'm used to. They don't have talk radio, or even decent news radio stations. Forget about morning shows - I honestly cannot understand why those don't exist here. I guess that is what coffee is for? But the music stations are truly subpar. I mean, I have yet to find a SINGLE station that plays Bonjovi. And that is just wrong.
3. Sushi. Now this might come as a total surprise, considering that the PNW is a seafood heaven, but I have to say that NYC has Seattle totally beat on sushi. So far anyways. It isn't that it is BAD here, I was just expecting that the "mid ranged priced" sushi joint in Seattle to beat what NYC had on the whole, just on principle. So if you come out here hoping to have the most amazing raw fish ever, stick to the oysters.
To my family, special thanks for putting me up, feeding me and lending me cars over the past two weeks. I miss you too.
3 comments:
We too miss you.
I miss you, Too! I'm kind of glad you're back in Seattle, just so I get to red your adventures. Because being in a third location I don't get to see you when you're at home.
No Bon Jovi? I'll be on the next plane!
Post a Comment