Ok, so this is a pretty difficult post to write, but since so many of you are loyal and regular readers and expect frequent posts, I feel like I have to explain why there may not be many posts for a while. And I don't know how long that "while" is going to be.
This weekend, my cameras (yes, that is plural) and my laptop were stolen out of the trunk of my car. The details of this theft are not really exciting, but crux of it is, whoever did it was a professional and got very very lucky.
So I don't have a method to take pictures or a way to store them. The worst of it is all of the photos that I've taken, including those I've shared with you are gone. I will be honest when I say that my spirit has been crushed by this and it will take a while to recover that as well as my equipment.
I will keep you posted as best I can and hopefully I'll be up and running eventually. Sorry for the very down post, but I think it is only fair to let my "fans" know why the blog will be slow. Thanks for your support - if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have the blog at all and i would really have nothing to show for the past two years.
7 comments:
Sending you warm thoughts, Larissa.
That's terrible. Keep your fingers crossed that the police might recover it.
This may be the wrong timing to suggest this, but when you feel ready or able to get back into photography I strongly recommend checking out Mozy. It's an automated backup service that stores all your photos and data in secure storage on the Internet nightly. The $4 per month is totally worth it for the peace of mind of knowing that I'm never going to lose my photos even in case of fire, earthquake, hard drive failure, etc.
No! No no! How awful! I hate the camera thieves. So sorry.
I was going to ask you about "backup" but I guess that is a sore subject. Larissa, I'm so sorry about this. Being stolen from is a horrible thing. The fact that your cameras were stolen is even worse... you have such a passion for it and love and enjoy it so much. Not to mention have a talent for it! The fact that the photos you took over the last two years are gone is awful as well. BUT -you have this blog! and there are photos on it. In fact, you posted the "best" photos from your recent trip and while they might not be high rez, they are here to enjoy and share and view. You have also taken so many great photos in an around your new city and new life and they are all here right on this blog! so at least you have those (if that is any consolation). If anything it is a great reminder that we should all go to our computers right NOW and back them up! Hang in there babe, you have your health, and family. This too shall pass. XOXO
-L
What a horrible news. From the travels we did I remember that you where very keen on your camera. And as Iswain said you have a talent for the moment to take a picture. I hope all will be found back and given back to you. For the car thief there come no decent words in my nmind. Someone shouldn't take stuff that doesn't belong to them. We alle have to work hard to earn some.
Keep strong and take care. I'll keep reading your blog I find it really special to rad your view on the world, and in most cases Seattle.
Twan
OK, it's time for some tough love.
Three weeks mourning and moping was certainly called for, but your time is up. You can't go back -- only forward -- so the question is: what now?
1. Insurance? If yes, go buy yourself a new camera! If not, go buy yourself a new camera!
That's right. It's time to put the past behind you and start over.
Now get cracking!
Tough love over & out.
I agree with Renee. Thank you for saying it like it is. There is a group of us who want to hear and see Larissa's adventures.
Post a Comment