I knew it was going to be a special night when I could fill out half of the photo round on my own. I had been to most of them. Same with identifying the cities that went with three letter airport codes. We hadn't even had any questions yet.
The questions that catapulted us to first place:
- What ancient wonder is near Siem Reap? Ankor Wat. Hello, I know this.. i was just there.
- What team won the 2007 Ruby world cup? South Africa. Yup, just came from there too.
- What countries do the victoria falls straddle? That would be Zambia and Zimbabwe. One point each. Whoo.
- And there was a quote about travel and you had to know who said it. I couldn't believe i knew it was Mark Twain, i was on FIRE. Who would have thunk that being an English major would turn out to be so helpful.
I was so excited that we won. Our team won 35 bucks total. Paid for my dinner. And if that didn't cause me to ride high enough, one of my teammates thought i was a student at UW. it was a great night.
2 comments:
Hooray! Congratulations, World Traveler!
You're not a student at WU?
Post a Comment