Sunday, July 26, 2009

Aaaaaaannnnnnnddd we are back. Thank you for your patience. For those of you who were getting antsy... i am flattered, but there is no need to apply pressure. I only *just* got my camera replaced last week - which was the earliest possible it could have been. I'm not even fully replaced yet.

So in honor of being fully functional for the first time in a month, I did a lot of Seattle things this weekend that were totally new to me. Nice.

This weekend was the Seafood Festival, which I thought was going to be all about seafood. Not really. I mean, there *was* seafood there, but I thought there was going to be endless varieties to sample that you might not otherwise have a chance to. Instead, it was a large street fair with a couple of extras thrown in. Like a climbing wall. In the middle of the street.



A huge salmon throwing up children:



A latino Elvis wearing not one, but TWO different vinyl jumpsuits. I was very impressed that in 90 degree heat, he was able to change suits in under 2 mins. I mean, it takes me longer than that to sometimes remove a wet swimsuit....




Oh, and would you look at who was watching latino Elvis... and no, she was NOT part of the act.



And how can we have a fair in Seattle without this guy... you remember him.. from Folklife over Memorial Day Weekend..


No comments: