Our first safari camp in Botswana was Camp Moremi. On our first drive EVER, we were treated to watching two lions mating. If you had told me that my first close animal encounter in Africa would be with lions, I would have called you crazy. I was totally star struck. To be totally honest, for me, it was a little uncomfortable watching this with my parents. I was almost unable to take pictures at all, so you can imagine my surprise when my mom, after composing herself from the shock of being so close to lions, asks me, "Did you get video?"
Uhm... no. I didn't get video, mom.



2 comments:
im cracking up here in bed... hahaha!! the photo of your dad with his safari hat and smile and then the photo below of the the two lions doing the "nasty" --priceless! haha... amazing though that you saw both male and female lions at the same time as your first animal encounter. not to mention what they were doing!!
Larissa did not mention that the lions do the "nasty" every fifteen minutes!!!!
Post a Comment