- Being on safari can sometimes feel like you are at a ride in Disneyworld. You have no idea what is around the corner, but you know that something will just come out and surprise and delight you soon enough.
- Trying to look through a pair of binoculars while in a moving vehicle can be really nauseating.
- There is A LOT of poop in Africa. And a lot of BIG poop. Like bigger than your head. At first, you try to walk around it, but eventually, after you practically twist your ankle while trying to continuously avoid it, you just get over it and step in it. And then, much to your surprise, you actually start getting excited about it because it means that you are on the right track to finding animals. Seriously. It didn't even take one safari drive for even my mom to start pointing and yelling, "poop" as we passed it in the bush....just in case our guide missed it.
- "Here, hippo, hippo" doesn't work. Neither does making kissing sounds and saying "Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty."
So this is it! I've finally done it. Changed coasts. Whoo. This is a blog of my adventures as a Jersey Girl in the PNW in addition to an official log of sunny versus rainy days.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Hello everyone, we just got back yesterday from Africa, which was a trip of a lifetime, to say the least. For the most part we had incredible weather, which to me was a surprise. I expected it to be a lot hotter than it was. I took roughly 800 photos and videos that made it home. Many won't make the cut for the blog, but I promise to share the best of the lot and hopefully some videos once I go through them all. Don't worry, I have a deadline of Saturday, so you won't have to wait too long. In the meantime, here are some random things I learned on my trip, in no particular order of importance that don't require photographs to back them up:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Here hippo hippo" doesn't work? Damn, I owe someone money now.
Welcome back!
Why can I totally see your mom doing that?
Post a Comment