You may not know this little fact about Seattle, but apparently, it is the most literate city in the US. Given the weather we've been having recently, this is not a shocking piece of trivia. There are also a lot of writers that call Seattle home. Last night I went to my first ever open mike poetry reading, and I loved it. And not just because you could buy a whole bottle of wine for $5. Things I learned while at Cheap Wine and Poetry:
- It is possible to successfully combine hiphop with TS Elliott. I really had no idea that you could work "who's your daddy" into TS Elliott, but it works.
- Mixing merlot with cabernet savignon, no matter how tempting, tastes pretty disgusting.
- Bike messengers covered with intimidating tattoos can have a softer side.
- If you decide to tattoo a wedding ring, rather than just wearing one, and you get divorced, you can counteract the tattooed wedding ring with another tattoo on the ring finger of your right hand. Got that?
1 comment:
So... if one tattoos a wedding ring, just how does that work into the ceremony? "With this ring, I thee wed.. hold on, folks, this might take a while?"
Although I'm seeing a theme, with tattoos as party favors.
Post a Comment