Monday, January 19, 2009

Last week I went to two "culture vulture" events that basically prove that there is something for everyone in Seattle. One was a fundraiser for the Seattle Opera at the Arctic Club Hotel. It was quite the swanky place. The ceiling was quite spectacular.



At this event I found, what I think is a perfect fancy handbag. I mean, it is purple and it is sparkly. What else could you possibly ask for?



The other event was a "pre-play" mixer at the Seattle Rep Theater. On your name tag, in addition to your name, the attendees were asked to put down what they would have for their last meal if the world was ending. To be different, I just put down my food request. Believe it or not, there were some people who thought it was my name.



There was also an arts and crafts table, where attendees could create their own mosaic. This may seem a little different, but the play was about an artist who made mosaics, so it was meant to set the mood. My mosaic is posted below:


No comments: