Thursday, January 15, 2009

One of the main reasons for my visit to LA was to, believe it or not, go to a NJ Devils game. This was a treat for several reasons - one of which was that I was going to go with a bunch of Devils fans. Another was that I would be able, at this "away" game, feel totally comfortable walking in wearing Devils garb (unlike when you go to MSG where you just might get lynched). It was wonderful meeting other Devils fans (we actually sat in front of some). I found myself searching faces attached to red jerseys, convinced that I would recognize somebody.



I didn't know what the Kings' mascot was before Saturday. A "king" can be a lot of things, apparently in LA, it is a lion named Bailey. He took exception to us Devils fans:



We also got the attention of the 2 year old sitting directly in front of us who belonged to a family of Kings season ticket holders. She was totally entranced by us, despite her family's attempts to get her to understand that "el diablos" were the enemy. She was hilarious.



Another highlight of the evening were, what I like to call.. the "Ice Gals." I have been to a lot of hockey games in my life, but i've never seen this. During the "commercial" breaks, these girls would come out and scoop up the ice shavings around the goal. Seriously, only in LA.



1 comment:

Jim Sabo said...

King of the Jungle, baby!