Saturday, April 26, 2008

Last night I had a "double booking." For those of you who are not familiar with this term, it means that I had two totally unrelated activites back to back planned. This can be tricky, but it came off quite smoothly.

First, I saw "Shine the Light," an Imax film directed by Scorsce about the Rolling Stones. If you are a Stones fan (even from real far back) you really should see this. It is fantastic. I'm amazed that with the rampant drug use, all members of the band are still alive, let alone still have all their hair. I'm convinced that their goal is to have simultaneous heart attacks or strokes on stage to end their days.

Second, I went to a new bar with a bunch of ski pals during which I learned the following:

1. It is possible to cut yourself to the point of drawing blood on the serrated edge of a toilet paper dispenser. WHY this thing needs to be so sharp still eludes me, however.

2. It is possible to bring your dog INTO a bar. Not in a patio - but actually INSIDE. Not all bars, obviously, but this one permits it. Brings a whole new slant to using a puppy as a babe magnet.

3. Seattle is indeed small. I ran into a guy who was in my swing class. He not only recognized me, but remembered my name. I didn't remember his, but I was the one who saw him first - his sideburns were pretty hard to miss.

4. I apparently have a twin in Seattle. She's dating a guy who has really interesting ear piercings. How do I know this? Because he thought I was her. How do I know this? He practically mauled me from behind as I was standing at the bar. When I turned around in total shock (part of me was saying, "please be cute, please be cute!") he looked at me stunned: "Oh, you are SO not my girlfriend." And no, he didn't buy me a drink, but he did apologize.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

He SO should have bought you a drink!