Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I know. I KNOW. It has been a very long time since i last posted. It is not my fault, however. I have been uber busy at work and that will continue to be the case for the forseeable future. But here is what i've been up to since I got back from Hawaii. Besides writing user manuals for mutual fund accounting software. Yeah, say THAT three times fast.

1. I went to my first ever Mariners game. For those who are not baseball fans (like me), the Mariners are Seattle's baseball team. They have a beautiful stadium and if you are lucky and get there on a gorgeous day, it is such a treat. They sell hot dogs like you would expect any self respecting ballpark to do, but they also sell sushi. As in Bento boxes. And fish and chips. And Microbrew. It is pretty upper crust if you ask me. I don't remember any of that when i went to Yankee or Shea....


2. I went to the Tulip Festival in Mt. Vernon, WA. This had the potential of being a really incredible experience, but thanks to the weather we've been having here (super cold, even snow, hail) the tulips have been pretty shy. I headed up to this festival with out of town guests and we wound up spending the entire afternoon in the car stuck in traffic. Apparently there was precisely ONE tulip field in bloom and everybody was heading over there. So the lesson here is, never go to this festival on a weekend, no matter how badly you want to go and remember that flowers have a mind of their own too and can choose to be difficult.




3. I spent a long weekend at Whistler. This was a bit of a shock after being in Hawaii, let me tell you. Skiing is COLD. The conditions were variable, as skiers like to say. Which means that there was everything from ice to slush. I have yet to have my spring skiing fix and I really feel that if i don't get it, the season hasn't officially ended for me. I hope it will warm up before the mountains close. I mean seriously. I want my mushy, soft hero moguls already. I'm kind of tired of nearly losing a filling as I bang down the mountain.



4. I'm STILL unable to load up my videos. This is beginning to seriously irritate me. I'm a good videoer and my blog readers need to see these.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

If given a choice between skiing and Hawaii... I choose the warm. But then again, I do not ski, so...