Monday, August 31, 2009

My first stop in OR was to Crater Lake National Park. This lake is the deepest lake in the US. How deep is it? Nearly 2,000 feet. Essentially, this lake is what is left of what was the largest mountain in OR (over 7000 years ago) when it erupted and then collapsed on itself. I had heard of the color, "crater lake blue" and couldn't wait to see it.

See this? Looks like a tree against an intense blue sky. It isn't. It is a tree against the lake. It is really that blue. I have made NO changes to this picture or any others - I still haven't replaced my photo editing software.



Please forgive me for posting so many photos. It was a great day. And a long day... what i've posted here are what i think are the cream of the crop from nearly 8 hours of shooting.










3 comments:

lswain said...

you really shouldn't be apologizing for posting 10 photos, especially when they are all so great and you have a passion for photography! I sitll think you used some sort of software... the one with the little crater "island" in the bottom left of frame looks so photoshopped! amazing pictures... amazing blue, amazing lake. how far away was that bird?

LARISSA said...

I swear, there has been no photoshopping.. As stated, I haven't installed Photoshop on my new Mac yet. When I took some of these pics, I thought there was something wrong with them on the camera. These are exactly as they were shot. The bird was less than 10 feet away. People were feeding him.

Kathleen said...

These are outstanding. Larissa, your photos make me want to visit places and see and experience them myself. They are amazing.