Saturday, December 27, 2008

There are many very long and very steep hills in Seattle and when there is any snow that sticks around that amounts to more than 3 inches, these hills get shut down to all vehicular traffic and become 24 hour ski/snowboarding/sledding/snowmobiling hills. Complete with kickers to jump off. It is really a sight to see.







Seattle takes a very creative approach to sledding. You don't need an actual sled, just something that you can sit on that slides on snow. Like a rubbermaid storage lid. I, myself attempted to sled by sitting on a piece of cardboard. This didn't work very well once it became very wet. Below you will see photos of a guy waiting to sled down the hill on his roasting pan. Then there are the two guys who went down the street in a mailbin together. I really hope that Warren Miller got some of this for his next movie.


3 comments:

Kathleen said...

OK ok ok.... THAT is cool.

Unknown said...

What an awesome sight, love that first photo. Wish I was there, we could have constructed an awesome sleigh from some kitchen stuff!

Unknown said...

oooohhhhhh "wish I WERE there" bad grammar is no way to start off the new year! doh!