Tuesday, December 23, 2008

As mentioned in a previous post, Seattle in general is pretty laisez faire with regards to any snow that has fallen. More or less, the city's citizens are expected to just wait for the snow to melt. This applies to the sidewalks as well as the streets. See below:



Seattlites have varying forms of footwear and clothing to negotiate the snow that we've been having. Some are very practical, and some are less so. I've seen several girls wearing unbelievably high heels on the icy sidewalks - I don't have pictures of them because they walked so fast. I guess the heels act like stabilizing ice picks?




1 comment:

Lida said...

A recent weather related story on Seattle explained that the reason their roads remain icy and snow does not melt quickly is because the city does not allow any salting of roads or sidewalks. You might be greener,but in the East we at least can function with a foot of snow.