Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Over the weekend, I went back to Portland, OR. Specifically to see an Impressionist exhibit at the Portland Art Museum. The exhibit was well worth the trip down - I don't have pictures of the exhibit, obviously, but I do have lots of other ones from wandering around the city - which is a very interesting place.

Scattered around the city are public water fountains reportedly to provide Portland workers an alternative to saloons for quenching their thirst, back in the day. They run almost continuously - which truthfully really confuses me considering Portland is such a "green" place. Having these running all the time seems like such a waste... no? But they are rather attractive and enticing:



I passed by an old brick building that was being demolished. I've seen wrecking balls do this - even implosions... but this was really mesmorizing. It literally looked as if the building was being eaten:





Apparently, smoking is still allowed in Portland bars, but speaking on your mobile phone, is not:




We stayed in a very beautiful Victorian area of the city, with gorgeous colored houses, with amazing gardens in front.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

These demolition photographs are outstanding- never knew you were so into taking picturesQ