Before moving to Seattle, I think the total number of baseball games I'd been to I could count on one hand. In this season alone, I've already been to three Mariners games. This is not because I've suddenly become a baseball fan. No, not exactly. Initially, I think the draw was the truly gorgeous stadium and view from there - as well as the fact that getting to the stadium didn't require hours of transportation - public or otherwise. And did i mention that on any given game night you can basically arrive at the stadium and just get a ticket - a cheap one -the games never seem to come even close to selling out, no matter what the weather.
Having said all this, I think that if I dig really deep, I think the real reason why I've been drawn to Mariners games is that it is the only place in Seattle I've found where they always play Bonjovi. Sometime after the 7th inning, I get a chance to publicly belt out "Living on a Prayer" in its entirety with intense enthusiasm.
You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl, I guess.
2 comments:
An old co-worker of mine (the crime reporter, which I find funny somehow) apparently serenaded his bride, at their wedding, with... "You Give Love a Bad Name." I know this because he re-created this moment in the newsroom, sans wife. I will never listen to Bon Jovi the same way again.
An old co-worker of mine (the crime reporter, which I find funny somehow) apparently serenaded his bride, at their wedding, with... "You Give Love a Bad Name." I know this because he re-created this moment in the newsroom, sans wife. I will never listen to Bon Jovi the same way again.
Post a Comment