Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Over the Memorial Day weekend, a bunch of friends and I explored the Columbia River Gorge. For those who are not familiar, this is the river that divides Oregon and Washington. This is also the Gorge of Lewis and Clark fame. It promised to be very beautiful and it did not disappoint. The next few posts will be about that trip.

First some vista shots of the gorge - these are taken from the Oregon side of the Gorge. There is even a photo of me to prove that I was there:





On the Oregon side, there is an "historical" highway - which is really a "scenic route" with lots of gorgeous forests and waterfalls. Some of the falls were enormously tall- i have photos of those, but they weren't my favorites from the weekend, so I'm not posting them here. When I say "tall," I'm talking like 500+ feet tall.






1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hmmm... I'm not so sure a photograph constitutes proof you were there these days. It could be one of those incredibly real backdrops, or something photoshopped... seriously, great photos!