Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tivo Thighs

Everyone's heard of "thunder thighs." Well, today, I discovered that I have "tivo" thighs.

Tivo Thighs: (noun, plural) Thighs that are so big that when you are on hold for a Tivo customer service rep while using a headset to keep your hands free because you've been waiting for way too bloody long, they manage to hit the phone disconnect button after you have placed the phone on the floor next to you as you multi task and fold laundry. TWICE.

In response to this revelation, I went to my first ever boxing class at my gym, led by a guy who has a blond pony tail almost as long as mine.

Mark: I see you brought your boxing gloves, this is important because they protect the bag.
Me: Clearly, you have never seen me box. I assure you, the bag is in no danger.

He put me on a bag opposite a 75 year old man. Very funny.

Throughout the class, there were periods where everyone walked around the room with hands in the air (wearing gloves). The exact purpose for this confused me.

Me: So why am I walking around with my hands in the air?
Mark: Because it is hard to do.
Me: Oh. Not because "Rocky moments" are an important part of every boxing class?

Seriously, he had to see that comment coming. I mean, we were all super sweaty and jogging around with our hands in the air with gloves on. COME ON.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm not ignoring you - I'm really not. I'm just having trouble getting the stars to align in such a way that I can pick up the phone and make a call without a screaming child with a runny nose spilling juice all over the floor.