Last night, I participated in "Hellacious Square Dancing." This is not the name I've given the activity, it is what the evening is actually called. It should come as absolutely NO surprise that this took place called Tractor, the bar I went to on Saturday. This is definitely not your "4th grade gym class" or "senior center" square dancing. NO siree. The place was packed with guys and girls averaging about 35, and not only was I sweating from the constant running aroud (or swinging, do tee doing, etc), but my brain was in pain from the strain of trying to get the steps right. It was truly astounding to me that something like square dancing could be too complicated for a bunch of seemingly educated, intelligent adults. But I had a total blast and plan to go again. If only just to laugh at everybody else.
Things heard during the course of the evening:
1. "Your cheeks are going to start to hurt if you don't stop smiling." "Too late."
2. "Inside arch the outside under." (HUH?? The caller kept yelling this over and over and I i still have no idea what she was talking about.)
3. "Are you a guy or a girl?" "Not sure. I *think* I'm a girl."
4. "This is definitely NOT a blond proof activity." (No... definitely NOT)
No comments:
Post a Comment