Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another classic "Larissa" story:

Yosemite, on the whole, is very easy to navigate. Occasionally, you can get turned around, but this is not a problem because there are SOOOOO many people everywhere. If you are ever in doubt of where to go, all you have to do is sit and wait. Somebody will eventually come by. And usually, this person will be able to help you.

Oddly enough, the only times that I was confused about where I was supposed to be headed was at the very very end of a hike, trying to find my car park. Typical. But it gets better.

At the end of a hike, I saw a sign that I realized should be helpful to me with regards to finding the trailhead parking, but I didn't really understand what it was trying to tell me. The technical writer in me totally disapproved of this sign. But as expected, no worries, within 2 minutes of staring at this sign, I saw a man walking towards me. I descended upon him:

ME: "Oh wonderful, I am so glad to see you. I have been staring at this sign and am totally confused. I think the heat and sun have turned up the blond factor exponentially. I really hope you can help me. Where have you come from?"

Man: "France."

No comments: