Thursday, February 04, 2010

On Saturday, I had my "do over" Lutefisk dinner. It was unanimous that the fish was cooked correctly this time. It definitely looked better then the liquidy jello fish substance I had in December:



The consistency was significantly improved. Here is a video that illustrates this:



It tasted basically the same, however. Pretty bland, kinda like tofu. In my previous lutefisk post, I didn't mention anything about something that makes lutefisk famous - its odor. I had been told that this stuff smells pretty foul. The reason why I didn't mention it before was because... well... it didn't smell. And on Saturday, it didn't smell then either. I asked the chef how this was possible - apparently the "old school" lutefisk reeked because it was of poorer quality. I guess they've come up with a better way to make lutefisk. I'm OK with not having experienced the old way.

No comments: