Friday, February 26, 2010

My first night in Vancouver, I headed out to the Curling venue to wing it. Didn't have tickets, but thought that there must be scalpers. And there were. Scored front row tickets. SAWEET. So close, you could have hit the curlers with a pea shooter.




Having never been to a curling event before, I had no idea what to expect. Certainly not the amazing energy in the crowd. It was like being at a hockey game. Complete with "the wave" and chants. No polite golf clapping here.

But there were golf PANTS, however. I'm sure you've all heard of "Norway's pants." I feel very privileged to have witnessed them in action in person. They were quite impressive.



If you were wondering how exactly curling ice is resurfaced, here you go - the ice blesser....

1 comment:

Lida said...

Maybe we should suggest this method to our priest for the Easter basket blessing???