Monday, August 10, 2009

My brother was here last week for his birthday. To celebrate, thanks to a very generous gift from my parents, we went to dinner at the Herbfarm. This is a foodie's heaven, where all ingredients are local, most of them grown right on the farm. This restaurant's claim to fame is their 9 course menu that changes every 2 weeks depending on what is in season. Yes, I said 9 courses. But first there is the tour of the garden:






And the recycling bin:



The dining set up is something incredible too. It also allows a fun view of the very busy but very organized kitchen.








I was going to post every single course, but that might be really boring for most of you. So I'm only going post a few. The theme of the dinner was basil. So everything had basil in it somewhere:




4 comments:

Lida said...

Wow ! Looks incredible ! What was the ice cream cone thingy ? Basil ice cream ? If so, was that dessert or an earlier course ?

LARISSA said...

Ice cream cone thingy was a cinnamon basil ice cream cone. Course number 7.

Kathleen said...

I want to go there! It looks amazing.

lswain said...

post all 9! post all 9!!