Before the gates were opened to the public, there was a rehearsal for the half time show, during which we learned our entry cue and how complicated the dance was. What made it even more complicated was, the Seagals (cheerleaders for the Seahawks) weren't doing the dance we were supposed to be doing. And trust me, even though I'm a straight girl, it is very hard not to stare at these girls. Your instinct is to imitate them. I even found myself pretending that I had pompoms.
Volunteers were assigned to carts throughout the stadium. Mine was on the upper most level and included two beauty queens. Mrs. Washington and Ms. Washington Plus America. Complete with tiara and sash. I'm quite flattered that I qualified to be with such attractive company. I don't know if you've ever had the experience of selling programs, but it is amazing how naturally it comes to you when you put on an apron and wave a program over your head. I experimented with exactly how I would yell, "programs!" Sometimes it was "PROgrams!" Then it was "Proooooograms." The lesson I learned was that it doesn't matter how you yell, where you stand or if the program proceeds are for charity, if people want a program, they buy one. Although, the irony of standing in front of the garlic fries stand selling programs benefiting the American Heart Association was not lost on me.
As for being in the half time show, I never knew that was on my "list" but I can now enthusiastically check that one off. It was absolutely fantastic. They parade you into the tunnel that the players run out of (while thanking you for not smoking - again, did they not see the organization we were supporting?) and bring you out onto the field before the half is actually over. So we got to watch exactly one minute of the game while ON THE FIELD. I had my camera, but learned quickly that we were not supposed to take pictures - so I had to be sneaky. The Seagals were directly in front of me most of the time, so I have mostly pictures of them. Lucky for me, they are nice to look at.


Rushing out onto the field to dance was so exhilarating. It was pretty cold, but I really didn't notice, I was Motowning so much. And then I saw the Seahawk.


It was over so quickly, and totally ridiculous, but it ranks up there as one of the coolest things i've ever done.
3 comments:
that is so funny! And I am so glad you were able to post pics of the seagals' derrieres. I doubt mine would have looked the same in that outfit. Or even fit into it.
Only you, Larissa. That's what I love about ya.
I could look good in that outfit. I have nice legs.
Post a Comment