Thanks to a quiz night with my opera club, I am now the very proud owner of a Wagner action figure. I know you are all insanely jealous. I won it knowing what acapella meant. If you look up Wagner on Wikipedia, you will see how much of a likeness there is!! I hear that action figures are more valuable in their original packaging, so I'm thinking about never taking it out. Although I'm dying to see how well he can move his baton around.

2 comments:
no no no
you have GOT to be kidding me.
WHY IS there such a thing? Wagner action figure? Seriously? no...
Seriously?
Are there other composer action figures, or just this one?
Was there a Wagner cartoon or movie I missed?
What is the motivation for creating such an object?
No, I'm not kidding. I do own such a thing. There are no other composer action figures, as far as I know. The Wagner action figure was manufactured by Seattle Opera Marketing department - I would imagine for two reasons. 1) because they produce the Ring Cycle every year (I actually saw the dragon in the rehearsal space during quiz night.) 2) There is an annual International Wagner competition, which is next weekend.
Post a Comment