Sunday, March 09, 2008

Did you know that Seattle has earthquakes? As in, there is a vault line right under the center of Downtown. I didn't know this until last week. I thought only CA had these things. Apparently there was an earthquake here in the 90's that was pretty trippy. I'm not saying I'm getting nervous or anything, but it does make me think. I mean, I live on the 4th floor of a building that is built half way up a very steep hill. Hummmm....

2 comments:

Lida said...

I'm getting nervous.

Kathleen said...

I have always been Terrified of earthquaked. When I was in LA I noticed two while I was there. The first sounded (and felt) like someone banging on a wall in my house. The second felt like a strong wind (I was on the 10th floor of a building.) My point is, most earthquakes are so mild they do no damage, especially in places where they happen frequently and architects plan for them. So you don't really need to be nervous.

But the first time I realized I had been in an earthquake, I cried.