A week ago, I broke a tooth. Well, I actually just chipped it. As a grinder, this is unfortunately something I do with some regularity. Today, I got it fixed. New to the area, I hadn't found a dentist yet, but on of the people who had been to my ski camp is a dentist, so I went to him. Had no idea what he was like apart from a couple of emails about skiing, but was confident that somebody who goes to Momentum is good enough for me.
I have never been to such a fancy schmancy dentist in my life. I felt like I was on extreme makeover. Scented candles, aromatherapy pillows... sunglasses to wear in the chair... gadgets that monitor the anesthetic injection so that you don't feel the stuff going in...chapstick as you leave because your lips have been pulled apart for 10 mins... I half expected them to offer my champagne and a massage.
I wish i could go back to this guy... dunno if i can afford him!!
1 comment:
My dentist has no receptionist and equipment that looks as though it was made in 1978. To help me relax he has funny pictures posted on the ceiling and he plays 70's rock on the radio. If you plan on returning twice a year and tend to chip teeth on a regular basis, I suggest keeping the aromatherapy, the candles, and the high-tech gadgets.
Post a Comment