So this is it! I've finally done it. Changed coasts. Whoo. This is a blog of my adventures as a Jersey Girl in the PNW in addition to an official log of sunny versus rainy days.
Sunday, August 01, 2010
Two years ago, I went to Mt. St. Helens for the for the first time. At the time, I thought there was only one place to view the volcano, so that is where I went.. the Johnston Observatory. This is a worthwhile trip - no question.. there is a LOT of education you get there about the blast and the aftermath that is really exceptional. But this weekend, I went to Windy Ridge... which is where you go to get a whole lot closer to the crater. I have to be honest, I don't think I need to do any hiking in this area. I was glad to have my car handy. I realize that the chances of it blowing up while I was standing there are unlikely at best, but still... it is a little spooky when you realize that you are so close to something that caused so much devastation so quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment