Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So yesterday, I thought we were having an earthquake. Having experienced one in Portugal in December, I was positive Seattle was having one. There was a huge bang. The floor shook. The ceiling moved up and down. It only lasted for about 10 seconds or so, but I was terrified. Once I thought we were done with quake, I immediately went online, looking for an explanation. No quakes. Anywhere close, anyways. I really thought I had hallucinated or something. Time to cut back on the caffeine.

At the end of the day, I finally got an explanation... it was a sonic boom. Our president was in town and apparently, a seaplane got too close to Air Force One and two fighter jets FROM PORTLAND (three hours away by car) had to scramble to Seattle as a security measure.

Know what they are calling this event in these parts? Wait for it....wait....

"Obooma"

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Just one more reason a president should Never Move... aside from street closures.