One of the things I couldn't wait to try in KC was the barbeque. I've watched enough Food Network to know that there is some seriously awesome BBQ. Apparently, the President was in KC last week and he went to Oklahoma Joe's. Starting there sounded like an excellent idea.
Turns out, O Joe's is THE place to go for BBQ. The queue to get in goes well into the 100 degree sweltering parking lot. And it is like that pretty much all day. It is considered to be one of the 13 places you have to eat at before you die. In the world. And the best part is... it is IN A GAS STATION. Le Bernadin on par with a BBQ place in a gas station. NICE. And, I had never seen BBQ sauce sold in such large containers before. KC is serious about their BBQ. If you ever get to Oklahoma Joe's, order the Z-man sandwich with a bag of fries. You can thank me later.





No comments:
Post a Comment