One of the major attractions of the museum is the Concord. I was completely shocked as to how narrow and cramped the fuselage was. I guess I had always thought of the Concord being luxurious.


The other major draw to this museum is the Air Force One. THIS was really awesome. This Air Force one was in use through the Kennedy administration. Here is THE phone on the plane. Yup, only one.

Here is the office.. which had a doggie door. Who would have thunk about that kind of detail.


The other exhibits inside the massive museum are just overwhelming. It would take days to see it all. And do it all. The hands on aspect of this place is staggering. There is a very involved flight simulator - for which you have to PRACTICE before being allowed to actually enter. Here is what the practice console looks like:

Needless to say, I didn't get very far. Oh, I tried, but I nearly made myself sick in the 30 seconds or so I "practiced" flying my fighter plane. Into the sea. Spinning into a mountain. Definitely not blond proof.
Here are my favorite shots from the museum:



No comments:
Post a Comment