Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Because I always like to have balance in my life, the morning immediately after some serious scotch tasting, I headed for an "off road car rally." Which, essentially, is a off road car race for "street legal cars" that have been outfitted to go, oh.. about 100 mph through dirt roads. It was awesome. The gist of it is, drive to the stage route (this was easy for me, I have a Subaru, which was the major sponsor of the rally) and hang out by the side of the road waiting for the cars to go whizzing past. And hope they don't lose control and crash. Into you. From what I understand, that has never happened because there are major safety precautions taken by the officials, but still, the cars are going incredibly fast, so it kinda feels like they could. At the very least, as a spectator, you have to be prepared to be sprayed by mud and rocks. The following photos were the best of the day:







Sometimes a video is the best way to illustrate an experience:



No fancy car necessary to rally... I mean, if a VW Rabbit can do it...


In closing, I'm posting a picture of the smallest spectator of the day:

No comments: