Monday, December 07, 2009

Recently I attended a minor league hockey game. I was excited to go because I hadn't been to a hockey game of any kind in almost a year. In addition, I was also jazzed because I had seen an advertisement in the paper for the game that indicated it was "teddy bear toss night." i love teddy bears, so i was excited about possibly getting one.

As it turns out, I could not possibly have misread that advertisement more than I did.

There would be no free teddy bears. Not for the audience anyways. Walking through the crowd before the game, it became obvious that you were supposed to BRING a bear with you. Ooops.

Instead of setting up bins around the arena for people to give their bears/stuffed animals, THIS is what happened after the first goal was scored.



I wasn't ready with the camera.. I wasn't expecting this... so I started videoing about 15 seconds after the throwing started. Who ever came up with this idea deserves a prize and a hug.

4 comments:

Lida said...

That is wild. How long did it take to players to clear all the teddy bears?

LARISSA said...

The throwing went on for at least 10 mins. As you can imagine, there were kids tossing more than one bear, because let's face it, throwing stuff onto the ice is fun. People in the upper decks needed to come down a level to be close enough to toss. The clean up went on for at least another 10 after that.

Kathleen said...

Wow. I have about a million stuffed animals I need to get rid of. I should look into going to a game like this!

Craig Cheslog said...

This is a great event. We've gone to the one the Stockton Thunder (ECHL) host. My kids loved participating in it.

They also loved being able to dance through every dance-worthy song in the stadium has. I think we did YMCA twice. Thankfully, chicken dance only once.