Monday, July 28, 2008

This past weekend I went to Whistler for some skiing. The weather was pretty fabulous on the glacier, as you can see:





This is Jack. Jack is 12. I've known him since he started coming to camp three years ago. When I first met him, he had black Sharpie ink all over his face. Every day of camp since, he's had Sharpie on his face. Which he applied himself, repeatedly during the week to make sure it stayed "fresh." When I arrived on the glacier this weekend, however, Jack didn't have Sharpie anywhere. I told him that I didn't recognize him without Sharpie, that this was entirely unacceptable and I fully expected him to rectify this by the next day. The next thing I know, the little stinker heads to his boot bag in the camp tent, gets out a Sharpie and starts to fill in a beard using his friend's goggles as a mirror. I immediately apologized to his father for the poor influence. The next day, on the lift, Jack dutifully "reapplied." A little scary that I have such influence on a 12 year old.

No comments: