



The parade is also a main event. The rules for being in the parade are pretty simple.. if you have a float, it cannot be motorized in any way. Here is a picture of one of the biggest floats - it is a bunch of graduates being pulled along by some dunces:

I volunteered at the fair as a "gate greeter" which is loosely translated as, "donations getter." My station was right next to a bank of portopotties. In addition to watching a lot of people walk in each other, I also saw this poor dog wait while his owner did her business. Talk about the shoe being on the other foot...

The other thing that the Fremont Fair is famous for is the naked bike ride that precedes the parade. Yes, I said naked. Hundreds of people paint themselves (or not) and ride the parade route on their bikes. I'm not too sure what riding naked has to do with summer, but I guess removing clothing is natural when the weather gets warmer?? What I found most amusing was the number of cyclists who had helmets on.. i guess safety first?
To close, I'm posting a canal sunset shot from the Fremont Bridge:
2 comments:
I'd guess that celebrating the longest day of the year would be a huge deal up there in the land of clouds, rain, and sunlight defecit depression :)
OK, the dentures one is entirely too disgusting....ick.
Post a Comment