No skiing for me this weekend. Why? Because we have too much snow. Still. And it was impossible to get to any of the ski areas close by. Pretty disappointing and very frustrating.
So instead, I went "caucusing." The past week or so, there's been a lot of buzz in anticipation of the caucus in WA on Saturday. All the major players were in town at some point - you know you are in a "blue" state when Obama can turn people away from Key Arena and McCain can't fill up the Westin Ballroom.
Anyways, having never participated in a caucus, I decided to go to where there would be the most people, figuring that would be more interesting. So I caucused for the Democrats, while wearing a bright red shirt on, of course. Besides, when in Rome...
I felt a little like a spy, and was quite certain that my cover would be blown at any moment. I was nearly "made" when I declared myself "undecided" and "uncommitted" and was made to stand in the front of the room with the other three undecided as if facing a firing squad. For a moment there I really thought I was going to have to explain why I wasn't supporting either candidate. Sweat was beginning to bead on my forehead. I did stay long enough to hear what both sides had to say and then I snuck out to the food court and had a smoothie while watching a homeless man dance around the tables like a ballerina. And no, i don't have photos or video of that, sorry.
2 comments:
I like Obama.
For many reasons, mostly because I don't hate him as much as most of the other candidates.
But really I just like saying his name.
Obama
Obama
And he doesn't make me think of french fries.
Kathleen - we need to bring Larissa over to the other side - it's time to switch! Go Obama!
Post a Comment