Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So I've been on vacation...

In Southern California, to be exact. Somewhere I've never been. It was really fun and different.

I started out in Palm Springs, which seemed to be a bit of a mish mosh of a lot of things and walks of life. The hotel was a throw back, for example:



In Desert Hot Springs, there is an "energy vortex," apparently. In case you are not clear on what this is exactly, you are not alone. But I think it has something to do with a lot of different kinds of energy (water, air, heat, etc) come together in a single place that makes you feel some kind of powerful.

http://energyvortex.net/

What would you expect an energy vortex to look like? How would you think something so amazing would marked... so that you would know it was there? Well, in Desert Hot Springs, they put the main intersection of the town right on the vortex.


There is a airway tram that takes you high above the desert floor. This is not for those who are scared of heights or who get motion sickness. Not only does it go up nearly 10,000ft, but it rotates as you go up. Hence, no pictures till I got to the top.


In the tram parking lot, I noticed I was parked next to this car. It made me giggle. So redundant.


No comments: