Monday, October 04, 2010

On Saturday, I went to brunch on a farm outside Poulsbo on the Kitsap Peninsula. This farmhouse is only open for brunch one saturday a month... and they have only one thing on the menu that month. The best part of going here is that you really need to take a ferry to get there. I had yet to go somewhere for a feed that required a ferry ride. Very Seattle.

The menu was stuffed french toast with bacon, egg and sausage.





The surrounding gardens are even more beautiful than the food.. which created a wonderful backdrop to brunch.











The best part, however, just might be what the server said to me after the meal:

Server: "Would you like a box for your leftover eggs?"

Me: "Oh, no, that's ok, thanks for asking."

Server: "I always like to ask because some people like to give their leftovers to their chickens. (Pause) Although that might be a little weird in this case... bringing eggs to feed chickens.. (Pause)... Nevermind."

I swear, ONLY in Seattle.

1 comment:

Lida said...

That is pretty funny.