Sunday, September 05, 2010

Herbfarm the Sequel



Last year I had my first trip to the Herbfarm Restaurant, which was an unforgettable experience. Thanks to a discount voucher, I was able to go again this week. The "theme" for their current menu is "Northwest BBQ." Dare I say, this menu was even better than the "Basil Banquet" from last year. Just the descriptions alone are enough to make you all kinds of excited, but lucky for you, I brought my camera.

Here is Slow Roasted Lummi Island Sockeye Salmon with Zucchini-Chive Noodles, Salmon Tartar, Smoked Steelhead Roe, Lemon-Thyme Corn Cream and Raw Corn Salmon. So essentially, a LOT of salmon.


The BBQ was quite impressive and very "Top Chef":


Here is the Local Duck Breast Gently Poached with Lovage Seed, with Wood Grilled Foie Gras, Hazelnut Duck Skin Crumble, Celery Root Apple Nasturtium Slaw with Oregon White Truffle Oil, and a Caramelized Hungarian Pepper Gastrique. How much of this stuff did I recognize? Just the Foie Gras, and it was a portion about the size of my fist. NICE.


Every time you get up for any reason, you get a new napkin. After you get up several times, the wait staff develops a sense of humor:

Check out the Big Leaf Maple Glazed Tamworth Pork Rib and Charred Pork Belly with Fennel-Fines Herbes, Chicharron with Smoked Olympic Peninsula Paprika and Sammamish Valley Three Been Salad.  Gotta love food with good height.

2 comments:

Lida said...

Did you ever think of offering your photos to Herbfarm?

LARISSA said...

That is very flattering, but i seriously doubt they would be interested in these. Too dark...